The University of Chicago’s Section of Emergency Medicine is recruiting qualified applicants for a 24-month Emergency Medicine Administrative Fellowship to begin July 1, 2018.
- We seek emergency medicine residency graduates with an interest in EM Operations and Administration who will work closely with administrators from both our Medical Leadership and Operations Leadership teams.
- The fellow will have immersive experiences in the following:
- 1) ED Operations Management
- 2) Healthcare Analytics
- 3) Healthcare Delivery Science and Innovation
- 4) Quality and Staff & Patient Satisfaction
- The position offers protected time for professional development while working clinically as an attending in our emergency department at a reduced effort of eight shifts a month (shifts are 8 hours in length) with opportunities to moonlight.
- There is an option for earning a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business for fellows who have not previously earned an MBA.
The University of Chicago Medical Center
- One of the nation’s leading academic medical institutions
- Adult Emergency Department annual volume of >65,000 visits
- We are a Comprehensive Stroke Center, STEMI-Receiving Center, Burn Center, VAD Center, and Level III Perinatal Center
- We will be opening a new 53-treatment area Adult Emergency Department by the beginning of January 2018 with Level 1 Adult Trauma care in May 2018
- Comer Children’s Hospital has 30,000 annual ED visits and is a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center
- Our EM residency program, founded in 1972, is one of the oldest in the country and maintains a strong commitment to resident and student education. Our Section is active in research, healthcare delivery science, ultrasound, simulation, international medicine, and aeromedical transport.
Please submit the following application via email to the Program Coordinator, Kathy Feeler (email@example.com). For any questions regarding the program, contact Dr. Thomas Spiegel, the Fellowship Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A cover letter describing your interest in EM Administration and relevant prior experience
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Three Letters of Support (one from your Residency Director)
- An additional application process will be required for the University of Chicago Booth School Of Business.
- Please contact Dr. Spiegel if you are interested in the MBA option.
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited U.S. Emergency Medicine Residency, BE/BC in Emergency Medicine
- Qualified to work as an attending physician at University of Chicago
- Must hold an Illinois Medical License and DEA license prior to starting fellowship